President, Contracts & Grant Funding Expert
Libby Hikind, national grants expert, established her own grant writing agency in 1994. From 1999 to 2001, Libby created NYCGrantwatch, a fax newsletter publication of grants for nonprofit organizations. She is credited with more than 46,000 children receiving health insurance as a result of her coalition building of nonprofits and her writing of the first Staten Island Child Health Plus proposal.
She began her career as a teacher in the New York City Department of Education, where she taught for nearly 30 years. While teaching, Libby wrote a number of grants for her classroom. She then went on to raise 11 million dollars for a Brooklyn school district. Additionally, Libby continued to raise funds for the local elementary school and the community.
Libby is well known for her successful primary election campaign for New York’s City Council (2001) for which she received The New York Times endorsement. Following September 11th, she volunteered at Ground Zero where she gained recognition as a FEMA Project Liberty Team leader.
In 2010, after retiring from her teaching career Libby launched Grantwatch.com, the on-line resource for grants for nonprofits, government agencies, small businesses and individuals. Grantwatch.com is now the number one grants website in the funding industry.
Currently, each month, approximately 80,000 people visit Grantwatch.com. Visitors to the site cover the broad spectrum of grant recipients, including hospitals, universities, schools, community based groups, neighborhood nonprofits and small businesses.
In 2014, Libby realized the number of requests for contracts for businesses and small businesses kept growing. She acquired MWBEzone.com to provide minority and women owned businesses and enterprises with the most comprehensive listing of government contracts and business grants.
Libby continues to move forward with her online plans for updating, re-designing and launching grants and funding related websites for virtually every niche in the industry.
• Grantwatch.com: Libby launched Grantwatch.com in 2010, the on-line resource for grants for nonprofits, government agencies, small businesses and individuals.
• GrantWriterTeam.com: Libby’s second website, launched in 2013, matches grant seekers with highly skilled grant writers. In its first year of operation, more than 130 partnerships have been formed between grant seekers and grant writers.
• Youhelp.com: This site will synergize crowdfunding with grant writing. The site will enable grant funds to be raised via the internet.
• GWI.education: This online training site will teach executive directors of non-profits, small business owners and skilled writers how to write grants.
• GrantsNews.press: This website will offer late-breaking grant and fundraising news.
Contact Libby at: Libby@MWBEzone.com